So we had about 10-12 capsicums that we were given and I didn’t want to waste them. Theres a few dishes I use capsicum in but nothing came to mind when I set them all out on my kitchen bench. Green capsicum is what I use is salads and I was at a loss as to what to do with them. So I asked my friends and resounding answer was to stuff them. So thats what I did!
I went through my fridge and sorted out what I had and what needed to be used up and this is what I came up with.
* Green capsicums
* A quarter of a pumpkin, chopped up very small to ensure its cooked
* 3 tomatoes, diced
* 2 carrots, grated
* 1 onion
* A handful of already cooked meat hamburger patties
* Rice (I used long grain)
* Shredded cheese
* Cook the rice however you normally would – I use my rice cooker as is super easy!
* Chop of all the vegetables and meat (except the capsicums)
* Mix the vegetables, meat and rice in a bowl
* Cut the capsicums either in half lengthway or just cut the top off and pull out all the seeds
* Stuff with your yummy mixture
* Set onto a baking tray and top with cheese
* Bake in the oven for between 10 and 15 minutes at 180 degrees, the cheese should go lovely and golden
* You can drizzle some oil on the capsicums prior to stuffing but I didn’t feel the need to
* You can stuff with raw meat but you will need to bake for 25-30 mins to ensure it is cooked
* These are yummy stuffed with leftover risotto and sprinkled with parmesan cheese
* Add any ingredients you like into the mixture – its a great way to use up those vegetables that are nearing the end of their life
* I cooked all mine up and have put them into the freezer ready for hubby to take to work for dinners, a couple of minutes in the microwave and they are ready to eat