After our roast the other night I was really craving a nice dessert, which we don’t have in the house. Usually I would make up a couple of individual apple or apricot pies (in my handy pie maker) but I wanted something different. So I decided to make apple crumble, which I haven’t done since before the boys were born but is super easy!
* Apples (I used tinned ones that I get in bulk but you can use fresh and cook them up) – the quantity will vary based on the size of your dish
* 1 cup plain flour
* 1 cup brown sugar
* 100g butter
* Place apples into a baking dish
* Put flour, sugar and butter into a bowl
* Using your hands rub the butter into the flour and sugar until you have something that resembles crumble
* Spread over the top of your apples
* Bake in a 180 degree oven for 20 mins
* Serve with ice cream
* Substitute apples with apricots – yummy!
* Sprinkle some cinnamon into your butter mix, or just sprinkle on top of the dish before baking
* Add some berries in with the apples during summer for a delicious alternative – try blueberries or raspberries.
* Add 100g of oats in with the butter mix to give an extra crunch.