So previously I shared a recipe for Apricot and Coconut balls, you can see it here. This is a slightly different recipe for apple balls.
* 200g bag dried apple pieces
* 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
* 1/2 cup almond meal
* 3 tablespoons wheat germ
* 3 tablespoons boiling water
* OPTIONAL – 1 tablespoon apple juice
* Blend apple in a food processor until they are finely chopped.
* Pour in the boiling water and leave to soak for a few minutes. Add in apple juice if you are using it.
* Add 1/2 cup of the coconut, the almond meal and the wheat germ and blend until it begins to form together. If your mixture seems to dry you can add some more liquid.
* Using your hands, roll the mixture into small balls. It will come together and stay together when you press it into balls.
* Store in an airtight container for up to a month.
* The apple juice just makes the balls a bit more flavourful but when I don’t have any I just leave it out.
* I’ve also used this recipe to make a pear version, which I must say is delicious!