So I have been blogging for a little while now and I feel like there is still so much I don’t know. But another blogger has nominated me for a Liebster Award, which was so lovely of her, so a big thank you to Jody from Six Little Hearts, I am feeling very special today.
So what is a Liebster Award, it is a little award for bloggers with under 200 followers as a way to get to know each other and introduce other bloggers to each other and the wider community, and it is intended to be given to someone you believe deserves some recognition for their blogging.
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!
So part 1 – 11 things about me! This is actually harder than I thought!
* I am actually an extremely private person – seems a bit silly as I do blog about my life, but there is a lot I don’t blog about, and a lot I don’t share with even those close to me.
* I have a serious problem with craft items – I see, I must buy. My study is overflowing with projects and yet I still buy more.
* I love Cheesecake – seriously love, to the point where I am not allowed to buy it and when we do I’m not allowed near it as I would potentially eat it all in one sitting. It’s just so delicious!!!
* I hate vacuuming. I do it occasionally, when I absolutely have to, but there is just something about it that drives me nuts.
* My mum died before I was married or had children. I miss her a lot but my family doesn’t really talk about her now which I find hard.
* I haven’t picked up and read a book since before I was pregnant. I really missed reading for quite a while but now I just can’t seem to pick up a book.
* I’ve changed careers so many times and could literally do anything if I went back to work, but I can’t find a job that I would want to do! If one of my dream jobs ever came up I’d go back to work part time.
* I don’t really eat chocolate. I know I’m weird. I do eat some chocolate – Lindt or Kinder Surprise (yes the most expensive or the kiddy chocolate) but even that is rare. I just never got those chocolate type cravings.
* As well as the two boys we have two small dogs. They were my first children and were so well behaved until a few months ago when they started acting out and they became outside pets.
* I never got to go on my honeymoon as we planned it for a year after our wedding. Then after we’d paid for it and we’re about to get our travel shots we found out we were having the twins. Honeymoon postponed indefinitely. Still makes me sad.
* I don’t like twitter and I refuse to join. I spend enough time on my laptop and phone and I don’t need another social media invading my life.
So onto the questions Jody has set for me:
1) If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? Geez, hard question! I’d still live in Australia as I think we are very lucky here, but I think we would move to somewhere along the coast line. When we got married we looked at living in Tasmania but there weren’t enough job opportunities, if I could I would move somewhere along the Great Ocean Road.
2) What do you love most about your life right now? My kids. They are my whole world and I honestly don’t know where I would be without them.
3) What are you carrying around in your handbag at this time? So much junk!! Nappies, wipes, curash, baby panadol, teething gel, fruit sticks, pens, tissues, nurofen, wallet, phone, keys, lip balm and I’m sure lots more.
4) Do you remember what prompted you to begin blogging? I was lonely, on the verge of depression and needed something that was all about me!
5) An interesting fact about your ancestry? My mums side of the family all come from Germany.
6) Your favourite colour is? Why? Only one colour, probably bright pink, but I also love purple too and teal. A bright pink is always a happy colour and it’s girlie, it just makes everything pop.
7) Summer or Winter? Definitely winter. I hate the hot weather, I break out in terrible heat rashes and have over heated during summer. At least in winter you can put on more layers. In summer there is only so much you can take off, and I’m no size 8 so I hate wearing my bathers!
8) How would you spend $2 million? I would pay off our debts as well as my dads, buy my dad a little unit and buy us a house on the coast. The rest would go into savings.
9) What is your favourite skincare / makeup product and why? Honestly I don’t really wear make up or use skin products. I know that I should and I do own some, but it really has slipped to the back of my mind being a stay at home mum. When I remember I use Clinique’s range of skin care and I have a Thin Lizzy make up set which I find works really well on the rare occasion I do go out.
10) A character trait you have? I’m sure I have lots but my main one is that I care too much. I would do anything for those I love but I also take everything really personally, which does end up hurting me often.
11) What are you enjoying on television at present? Masterchef, Great Australian Bake Off, Devious Maids, Hit the Floor and Twisted. I watch a lot of shows online so generally seem the American shows before anyone here has even heard of them!
Question for my nominated bloggers –
1 – What is the hardest thing about having multiples?
2 – What is the best thing about having multiples?
3 – If you could go anywhere (child free) where would you go?
4 – What’s one thing you did pre-children that you would love to do again now?
5 – What is your favourite food?
6 – Who inspires you the most?
7 – What’s one skill you wish you had?
8 – What’s your one piece of advice for anyone about to have multiples?
9 – What is your favourite movie?
10 – How many children did you want originally? And how many do you want now?
11 – What’s the most useless item you have bought in the last year?
And now my 11 nominees……
So now that you’ve all learnt a bit more about me, go and check out some other blogs. They are all parents of multiples – twins and triplets!!