So having children can be extremely expensive. I can tell you that having twins has certainly made me much more aware of what we are spending, and since we would still like to have more children (no twins has not put me off) I am always looking for ways to reuse and stretch what we have. So I quite often look at items around our home and think what could I use that for, or tell me husband to save this or that. It does drive him mad but I swear everything will be used in time!
There’s lots of household items that can be used in crafts for various activities. So if you have babies, toddlers or even pre-school kids this list will give you an idea of where to start.
* The screw top lids off food pouches (baby food, yoghurt)
* Milk bottles (the whole thing or just the lid)
* Formula tins
* Tin cans (preferably the ones with the ring pull as they don’t leave sharp edges)
* Boxes (Cereal, etc)
* Egg cartons
* Yoghurt containers
* Fresh fruit containers (you know the plastic ones like strawberries come in)
* Spice jars
* Jars (from baby food jars to pasta sauce jars)
* Bubble wrap (if you ever get anything posted to you)
* Junk mail
* Wrapping paper
* Toilet roll inserts (along with anything else that comes on a roll – paper towel, glad wrap, etc.)
Look out over the coming weeks on some ideas on how you can use some of these items in crafts to entertain your little ones. The kids are entertained and it hasn’t cost you anything. Win win!! You can even use many of these items yourself around your home.