I’m always on the look out for ways to use up what I have without having to buy a whole lot of new ingredients, so I adapted this recipe for apple muffins from some other muffin recipes I found and I must say they taste yum!
* 2 1/2 cups self-raising flour
* 1 tablespoon caster sugar
* 3/4 cup milk
* 1 egg
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil
* 3/4 cup brown sugar
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 cup apples (finely chopped or pureed)
* Preheat oven to 160°C. Spray two mini muffin trays or two regular muffin pan trays.
* Combine the flour, caster sugar and brown sugar in a bowl.
* Add milk, egg, oil and vanilla. Mix until just combined.
* Mix in apples.
* Spoon mixture evenly between pans (you want to make each spot about 3/4 full).
* Bake for 10 minutes mini muffins or 15 minutes for regular muffins. When you insert a skewer it should come out clean.
* Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
* I make mini muffin size for my twin toddlers as they are perfect size for a snack.
* You could adapt this recipe to use other fruit such as pear, blueberries or banana.
* These freeze so well, I freeze them in a container and take a couple out in the morning and they are defrosted in time for afternoon snack.